ICBC has worked with teachers and road safety experts to prepare these free of charge road safety teaching resources. These educational materials help ensure that BC students develop road safety skills and awareness. These learning resource packages support prescribed learning outcomes as established by the B.C. Ministry of Education for students in Kindergarten through Grade 10. Click here to order your FREE teaching resources.
Bike Sense is a great safety tool for older students. Click here to read the Bike Sense Manual.
Click to watch the videos:
The Chattertons share tips and tricks about biking to school in Campbell River's cold and wet winter weather: CLICK HERE
Click here to view short videos and learn about gear that can make biking more comfortable and safer in fall and winter weather: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwHV3ZjJ8pj3neOy46dkOHg/videos
Articles & Resources:
- 4 Cell Phone Aps that are Making Biking Safer: www.biketowork.ca/blog/four-cellphone-apps-are-making-biking-safer
- Giddy up: How to Make Commuting a Happier Experience: www.biketowork.ca/blog/giddy-how-make-commuting-happier-experience
- Guide to Choosing the Right Bike for You: www.biketowork.ca/guide-choosing-best-bike-you
- See the World from the Seat of Your Bike: www.biketowork.ca/blog/see-world-seat-your-bike
- Carrot or Stick? How to Stay Motivated to GoByBike: www.biketowork.ca/blog/carrot-or-stick-how-stay-motivated-go-bike